Festival for Political Art, Theory and Practice. Vienna 2021
all nomads are workers
Call for Participation
What a brave new world? Is everyone now closest to themselves, or do collective processes have a future as well? Who is excluded and how, and how can we generate a public space – in which autonomy and empowerment do not only support an interplay of existing milieus and classes? What positions can art and culture take on in this? What is called „urban gardening“ in cities like Vienna helps in many other places to cover the basic needs for food in times of crisis and to ensure survival. When we look at international art and cultural events, we have the feeling that the biggest problems are the ones between ethnic groups, different religious groups, between corona deniers and hysterics – and that class does not play a big role. Social divisions in all forms and permanent – in a time of crisis of representation, not only caused by Covid-19, these existing dynamics are intensified. We are looking for questions, answers, actions, interventions and „best practice“ examples of social intervention in the production of public discourse.
- Open to individuals or groups.
- Projects can be realised (depending on Covid regulations) in public space or in the festival headquarters Kitchen (Bacherplatz corner Schwarzhorngasse 1).
- Works from all genres and media are welcome.
- Optionally, the works or documentations of the works will be shown together in a final exhibition in September.
- The works will be shown between June and September 2021. (Dates can be discussed: One-time performances, installations etc. indoors or outdoors, as well as long-term poster exhibitions, e.g. in the festival headquarters, are possible).
- During the festival 8 works will be shown, each with an opening on a separate date. 4 of them will be invited, 4 will be selected via the Open Call.
- 1,800 euros production budget (fees, material costs and if necessary travel costs per group).
- The projects are realised in discussion with and with the support of the moneyfesta team. We provide support with permits in public spaces, with technical equipment (as far as possible) and with the promotion of the public events.
- We have a great interest in joint discussion and political exchange. It may also be possible to involve the groups in the parallel festival programme.
Deadline for submission:
- 31 March 2021
How do I apply?
- Concept one A4 page (max. 3000 characters)
- Visual material (optional)
- Short biography max. 900 characters
- Link to website or work samples (optional)
- Submissions are only possible digitally: email@example.com
- The decisions will be announced at the end of April
- The festival team will decide on the submissions: Alexander Nikolic & Michael Kalivoda (boem*), Alisa Beck & Marie-Christin Rissinger (Blind Date Collaboration), Club Mongo Bizzare, Eszter Korodi, Monika Mokre, Andre De Vasconcelos.
A project by boem* in cooperation with Kitchen-Zentrum der Tat.
For further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org